Basic Trauma Life Support
Please click on register here to enroll yourself in the course and we will provide you access to the course.
To be effective with a trauma victim in the hospital, it is essential that a nurse should know the safe and reliable method for the immediate treatment of injured patients. The basic knowledge necessary to assess the patient’s condition rapidly and accurately, resuscitate and stabilize patients according to priority, determine whether a patient’s needs exceed a facility’s resources and a provider capabilities, arrange appropriately for a patient’s inter hospital transfer (what, who, when and how) and ensure that optimal care is provided and that the level of care does not deteriorate at any point during the evaluation, resuscitation, or transfer process.
At the end of this module, the participant will be able to:
- Identify the nature of a specific medical emergency and act accordingly in trauma cases
- Enact the various roles in a team work in trauma care
- Understand the airway and ventilation management
- Demonstrate the concepts and principles of the primary and secondary patient assessments
- Establish management priorities in trauma situations
- Initiate primary and secondary management necessary within the golden hour for the emergency management of acute life threatening conditions.
- Manage the trauma cases-
- Hemorrhagic shock
- Head trauma
- Musculoskeletal and spinal trauma
- Pediatric trauma
- Understanding of the principles of emergency preparedness and triaging