Healthcare personnel have a high probability of being first responders to a cardiopulmonary arrest in a hospital setting; as such, it is important that healthcare personnel are skilled in the resuscitation of cardiac arrest victims. This module follows the format of the American Heart Association’s standards for basic cardiac life support for healthcare providers.
*Note: This curriculum is extracted from the standard CPR training as set forth by the American Heart Association for certification as BCLS Health Care Provider.
At the end of this module, the participant will be able to:
- Demonstrate proper chest compression
- Open the airway for rescue breaths
- Use an adult mouth-to-barrier device for breathing
- Demonstrate use of a bag-mask device
- Operate the automated external defibrillator for adults and children 8 years of age and older
Four (4) hours
English & Hindi